I tried to open the PWA server or SP central administration, I get this error
The namespace Resources already contains a definition for PWA
Server Error in '/' Application.
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
Compiler Error Message: CS0101: The namespace 'Resources' already contains a definition for 'PWA'
Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e02b2b34\ef2a2f4d\App_GlobalResources.jn2ibtll.3.cs Line: 11
Show Detailed Compiler Output:
Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 4.7.3062.0 for C# 5 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
This compiler is provided as part of the Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, but only supports language versions up to C# 5, which is no longer the latest version. For compilers that support newer versions of the C# programming language, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=533240
Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e02b2b34\ef2a2f4d\App_GlobalResources.jn2ibtll.3.cs(11,21): error CS0101:
The namespace 'Resources' already contains a definition for 'PWA'
This issue occurs in case you have multiple PWA resources files for the same language at the App_GlobalResources folder of the web application that holds the PWA instance.
In Project Server 2016/2013, to solve "The namespace Resources already contains a definition for PWA", you should do the following:
4. Double Click on "App_GlobalResources" to open it.
5. Sort by Name, and search for PWA.
6. Make sure that you have only one resource file for each language pack you have installed.
7. In my case, I had noticed that I have two PWA resource files for the English language with a different name.
8. I have deleted the duplicate one, then go back to browse the PWA instance.
9. Great, the PWA Instance is working now properly without getting this error "The namespace Resources already contains a definition for PWA".
Most popular tags