Today (April 19th, 2021), Microsoft announced that the first public preview of Visual Studio 2022 will be released this summer, and actually, there is no specific date yet. however, it is expected to can download and install Visual Studio 2022 Preview 1 in June 2021.
Visual Studio 2022 Preview 1 is now available
Over 25 million monthly users worldwide use Visual Studio as the favorite developer tool for professional developers, and Today (June 17th, 2021), Microsoft announced that the Visual Studio 2022 Preview 1 as the first release of a 64-bit Visual Studio is ready to install now!
Online Download for Visual Studio 2022 Preview 1
Visual Studio 2022 Features
The new release will be faster, more approachable, and more lightweight, designed for both learners and those building industrial-scale solutions.
Visual Studio 2022 release will also include the below features:
- Visual Studio 2022 will be a 64-bit application, no longer limited to ~4gb of memory in the main devenv.exe process.
- With a 64-bit Visual Studio on Windows, you can open, edit, run, and debug even the biggest and most complex solutions without running out of memory.
- Visual Studio 2022 will continue to be a great tool for building 32-bit apps.
- Visual Studio 2022 will have full support for .NET 6 and its unified framework for web, client, and mobile apps for both Windows and Mac developers.
- Visual Studio 2022 will make it quick and easy to build modern, cloud-based applications with Azure.
- Visual Studio 2022 will include robust support for the C++ workload with new productivity features, C++20 tooling, and IntelliSense.
- In Visual Studio 2022, you’ll be able to use .NET Hot Reload to apply code changes without needing to restart or lose the app state.
- Visual Studio 2022 will include performance improvements in the core debugger.
- In Visual Studio 2022, Live Share will introduce integrated text chat so that you can have quick conversations about your code without any context switches.
- Visual Studio 2022 will include powerful new support for Git and GitHub.
- The new Git experience from Visual Studio will also be coming to Visual Studio for Mac.
- New user interface enhancements.
- Updated icons for better clarity, legibility, and contrast.
- Cascadia Code, a new fixed-width font for better readability and ligature support.
- Refreshed and improved product themes.
- Planning to refresh Visual Studio for Mac by moving it to the native macOS UI.
- Visual Studio 2022 will provide more and deeper integrations into your daily workflows, helping you to take the right action in the right place at the right time.
For more details, Please check Visual Studio 2022