GitHub is a powerful platform for software development, but at its heart, it's about empowering people like you by helping you learn from other developers, build the software that matters to you, and propel yourself to the next stage of your life as a software developer.
Git Vs GitHub
Some people think Git and Github are completely similar!! but it's not correct!
- Git is a distributed version control system to track code changes during the software development cycle.
- GitHub is the central repository to keep that control.
In this post, we'll introduce the below tutorials to start learning Git & GitHub
- [Video]: Mastering Git From Beginner to Advanced Step by Step With Graphical Animation Commands by Mohamed Radwan
- [Series]: What's the Git and GitHub Course for Beginners?
Mastering Git From Beginner to Advanced Step by Step With Graphical Animation Commands
This video will help you to deeply understand Git commands from the ground up. It will explain commands in graphical representation with animation which will make it very easy to understand different Git commands.
You will understand and see how the Git tree is structured and how it’s working, how to branch and merge, what is the difference between merge (non fast-forward) and rebase (fast-forward merge). You will also learn how to use cherry-pick, how to squash before the merge, moving HEAD, and many others.
What's the Git and GitHub Course for Beginners
In this series, you will also learn
- Git Vs GitHub.
- Forks and Pull Requests.
- Cloning Repository.
- Push and Pull.
- Resolving merge conflicts.
- GitHub Pages.
- Git Remotes.
To open the course playlist, Please, click on the Playlist button on the top right corner.